The designation “toxic mold” is something of a misnomer, because by itself, no mold qualifies as a toxin. Some fungi species that can become airborne, such as Aspergillus and Candida, are pathogens, but molds by themselves are generally allergens at worst or are able to cause other serious sicknesses. What makes a particular mold toxic is the waste products of metabolism, which are called mycotoxins. When these natural poisons become airborne and you inhale them, they can create symptoms similar to inhaling a pesticide or a heavy metal. This why we have to keep in mind, that molds are living and spreading, therefore creating a high amount of metabolism, which is the toxic waste product. The mycotoxins produced by Stachybotrys might merely cause ordinary allergic reactions and inflammation similar to that caused by the spores of other allergenic species. Even if they aren’t actual poisons, though, allergens can pose a serious health problem.

On the Lookout for Mold

Stachybotrys is fairly easy to identify. It’s called black mold because it’s greenish-black. It feeds on cellulose, so you’ll often find it growing on wood and drywall paper. Besides cellulose, Stachybotrys, like all molds, needs moisture. It often grows in moist areas, such as basements, dark closets, bathrooms, and poorly ventilated corners.

The mold you see may not be Stachybotrys, however. It could be any one of several other species that commonly grow in homes. Many of these species are also allergens, and some, like Alternaria infectoria the most common indoor species — look very similar to it. Alternaria is the species most likely responsible for the discoloration around your windows. It can cause asthma-like symptoms and grows quickly.

Because molds can look so much alike, they can be difficult to identify, and no matter what type it is, you need to get rid of them.

How to Control Mold

Every mold remediation program, whether it’s a cleanup after a flood or a routine cleanup of a bathroom, starts with eliminating moisture.

Use MoldEx. MoldEx is an anti-mold spray without bleach and chlorine. This product has been specially developed for indoor areas. Unlike conventional antimold sprays, MoldEx does not contain chlorine or hypochlorite and has no bleaching or corrosive effect. Because of its ingredients, MoldEx is eco-friendly and does not harm anyone, but mold and bacteria.

You can buy the product by just visiting the link below
https://shop.logicchemie.com/nl/product/logic-moldex/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *